Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Big 5

Yes, I have a Jewish grandmother. Those of you who know what that means, will laugh knowingly right about now. Those of you who don't, will have a better understanding in a just a minute.

My Nanna and I talk once a week, mainly so we know that the other is ok, living so far from one another. Sometimes the conversations are long, and sometimes they are short. Sometimes I hear all the same stuff she had told me the week before and sometimes the news is new. But the questions, are always the same, and in one recent conversation, I got the "Big 5":

1. Have you run out of money?
2. Do you have any friends?
3. Why don't you get a job?
4. Is Jet happy with you?
5. Are you still slim?

I answered none of her questions, and this conversation was one of those short ones I mentioned...


The Nanna that asks the big questions

1 comment:

catty said...

hahaha a Jewish grandmother sounds strikingly like Chinese parents.

1. Have you eaten?
2. (but contradicting Q1) Don't eat to much, are you too thin?
3. Are you saving any money?
4. When are you coming home?
5. Why aren't you settled down?

Same same.