Friday, April 18, 2008

My first blog!

At the insistence of my Sensei, I've created a blog! Her reasoning was simply that I must get my art online, but whilst chewing on this idea, I had an epiphany. I can use it for everything! Down with Facebook and up with blogging!

My boyfriend Jet and I are going to Europe next week. Our first trip together out of the country. His first trip to Europe. And not only that, he gets to meet some of my family. As the eternal optimist and constant dreamer, I will say now, that I expect my blog to be filled with mirth... If not mirth, then Los Angeles, be worried!

With the US Dollar at an appalling low, we are just covering the obligatory sights and waiting until the next trip to do more extensive travel. I am keeping with Markham family tradition and cramming as much into a 2 week trip as earthly possible. Cambridge, Paris, London. In that order.

I've also had to bribe and coerce my friend and former colleague into looking after my impossibly naughty pooch for the time we are away. She also looked after Charlotte when I was in Australia just last month and said then that she couldn't have her again - she was just too bad! My unemployment situation changed her mind, and she took pity on me and my unruly pet, but I'm sending over the crate as reinforcement this time. No hunger strikes during Passover!

So that ends the news for my first blog. I have to work out how to post pictures as that was the original intention! I sometimes feel like my generation falls between the cracks of X & Y. Might I use a word made known to me by Abigail Adams and suggest that my generation is "hermaphroditical"?

1 comment:

Lora Hart said...

Congratulations on your first post Miss Sophie! Adding pictures couldn't be easier. Call and I'll walk you through it. But you probably figured it out by now anyway. I can't wait to see your puppy pics online in one place.
Lora ~